What are cookies?
A cookie is any type of data storage and retrieval device that is used on a user’s terminal equipment in order to store information and retrieve information already stored, according to the article 22.2 of Law 34/2002, of 11 July, services of the information society and electronic commerce (LSSI).
Type of cookies
The cookies are classified according to a series of categories. However, it is necessary to bear in mind that the same cookie may be included in more than one category.
Type of cookies according to the entity that manages them
- Own cookies: are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
Type of cookies according to their purpose
- Technical cookies: are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, including those that the editor uses to allow the management and operation of the platform and enable its functions and services, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access parts, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the process of purchasing an order, manage payment, control fraud linked to the security of the service, make the request for registration or participation in an event, count visits for the purposes of billing licenses for the software with which the service works (website, platform or application), use security elements while browsing, store content for broadcasting videos or sound, enable dynamic content (for example, animation of loading a text or image) or share content through social networks.
- Preference or customization cookies: are those that allow the user to remember information so that the user accesses the service with certain characteristics that can differentiate their experience from that of other users, such as, for example, the language, the number of results to show when the user performs a search, the appearance or content of the service depending on the type of browser through which the user accesses the service or the region from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis or measurement cookies: are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the platforms to which they are linked, including the quantification of the impacts of the advertisements. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the use data made by users of the service.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: are those that store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Type of cookies according to the period of time they remain activated
- Session cookies: are those designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a platform. They are usually used to store information that is only interested in keeping for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion and disappear at the end of the session.
- Persistent cookies: are those in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie.
Cookies used by Serve Athletes
This platform uses session and permanent cookies, technical and analysis. The cookies used have, in any case, the purpose of making browsing more efficient. In no case do these cookies provide personal data by themselves and are not used to collect them.
In any case, you can make any change in the configuration of the cookies used, through the “Cookies Panel”.
The type of cookies used by our platform are indicated below, together with information about their management (own or by third parties), purpose, function and retention period:
Likewise, we inform you that you can block or disable cookies through your browser settings. If you block or disable them, you can continue to use our platform, although the use of some of the services may be limited and therefore your experience on our platform less satisfactory.
If you wish to revoke your consent regarding our cookies policy, you must eliminate them through the configuration of your Internet browsers and through the cookies panel. These are the links of the different browsers that report cookies:
We recommend you to review this policy each time you access our platform, in order to be adequately informed about possible changes to it.
For more information about the way, we use your personal data, please link to our Privacy Police, as well as to our Legal Note.
Publication date: May 17th, 2021